Terms & Conditions
(PLEASE NOTE: Payment of your deposit indicates acceptance of the below Terms & Conditions.)
Deposits and Payments
1. To secure a booking a 50% deposit must be paid into the bank account to secure your booking dates. A booking is NOT considered confirmed until the deposit is received. Upon receipt of the initial 50% deposit the desired dates are "blocked" and your booking is 100% confirmed.
The bank account details are provided in our booking information email.
2. The remaining 50% balance of the tariff is due no later than 30 days prior to the date of your arrival.
3. The bond is due no later than 7 days prior to the date of your arrival.
4. Keys and the key code are not given out unless full payment of the tariff and bond has been made.
5. The bond is refunded within 7 days allowing for banking administration time frames.
Any issues relating to your stay will be discussed with you directly, before any bond deductions.
6. On the day of your arrival you will receive a text with details on how to access the key.
CHECK IN - can be flexible. Arrival is dependent on the how and when the previous booking vacated.
CHECK OUT - can be flexible. Departure is dependent on next guest arrival and preparations required.
Cancellations / Refunds
7. In the event of cancellation every effort will be made to re-let the property, then we may be able to offer a refund.
8. Cancellations made within 30 days prior to arrival can not be refunded.
Maximum Occupancy / Property Use
9. Driftwood Beach House accommodates a maximum of 8 guests and there is a cot for infants. Your booking MUST reflect the actual number of guests staying. Additional costs will be charged if it is found you have not booked the property for the adequate number of guests accommodated.
Failure to advise the number of guests staying or overloading of the property could potentially result in immediate cancellation of the booking, forfeit of the tariff and the bond.
10. The property shall not be used for any purposes other than holiday accommodation and shall not be sub-let.
11. Pets are permitted at the property. No pets are allowed on bed or furniture of any kind. All pet waste must be managed by the owners and disposed of hygienically to avoid bond deductions. The pet fee is $100 per pet. (Special Request: Please avoid/minimize use of the rear yard as the dichondra repens ground cover is slow to recover from dog urine. As much as possible encourage dogs to use other enticing locations away from the property. )
No Smoking Policy
12. We do NOT allow smoking inside the property. However, smoking outside the house is permitted. The occupants will incur increased cleaning charges if anyone has been smoking inside the property.
Damages, Excess Cleaning, Extra Charges & Maintenance
13. During the term of occupancy all damages, breakages, and missing inventory are the responsibility of the tenant. No furniture or effects are to be removed from the premises. We ask that you report any maintenance issues or damage (accidental/intentional) to us immediately.
14. The tenant will allow the owner, our agent, or tradesman to enter the premises to view the state of the repair or attend to repairs on the property.
15. Excess cleaning charges will be applied should the property be left in an untidy condition. This includes unclean dishes, unemptied fridge/freezer, re-arranged furniture, unclean BBQ, excess rubbish left etc.
16. Garbage should be placed in the bins provided and put out for collection on the allocated collection day, which is on the fridge (currently Sunday). Any excess garbage to be disposed of in a proper manner by the tenant. FAILURE TO PUT THE BINS ON THE KERBSIDE ON A SUNDAY IF THE GUEST IS STAYING ON A SUNDAY OR LEAVING DRIFTWOOD ON A SUNDAY, INCURS A DEDUCTION FROM THE BOND OF $ 100.
17. A security bond of $650 applies to all bookings.
18. A bond may be debited to cover costs of damages, breakages, excess cleaning, missing/stolen inventory, lost keys, etc. Any issues relating to the retention of bond monies would be discussed directly with the guest.
19. Guests are provided with the "key lock box code" to access the house keys once all payments are received, including the bond. A "Lost Key" charge will apply. If you lock yourself out of your holiday property then a call out fee of $110 will apply if after hours.
20. All care, but no responsibility is taken for guest's personal property left on the premises. Items found will be kept for approximately 7 days. If would like your property returned, we can arrange to have it posted to you, the cost to you would only be the usual Australia Post charges.
Behavior/No Party Policy
21. The tenant or any persons using the premises shall not be guilty of conduct that is a nuisance to adjoining or neighboring occupants.
22. We have a strict "No Party Policy". Any "party" bookings will not be accepted. Bookings will be terminated immediately and will result in eviction and loss of full bond.